Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Looking Great!


Doesn't he look great?!  Okay, if you've never met my miracle boy you might think...um he's in hospital of course he doesn't look great with all those wires, etc...but let me tell you if you'd seen him less than 24 hours prior, you would agree how great he looks!  That was the event which finally got me off the fence and deciding to start to blog about my dear sweet son (with family tidbits thrown in).  It was also the event which has put the most fear into me since his birth just two years ago.  I thought we'd lost the sweetest little boy you could ever meet that short time ago.  He had a seizure, something he'd never had before, and although that did frighten me it was when he stopped breathing and turned purple that really scared us.  It took what felt like forever for him to recover from it, but he did!  Just the tiniest of coughs and then very slowly he restarted his breathing.  The ambulance was already on its way to our house at that time, and after a brief history of his medical concerns we headed to the hospital for what would turn out to be the above admission.  We're still trying to figure out what caused the seizure but he is on his way to recovery.

This episode has given me a lot of time to think about all sorts of different things.  One of those being given his conditions and the rarity of them I thought it might be nice to post some things as a way to reach out to others experiencing the same types of things.  I remember getting his diagnoses and not really being able to find others who have been down the same road.  I know that still might not happen, but should anyone gain just the slightest bit of hope for their dearly loved child by reading about Ethan, than I'd say this has been a success.  Okay, and it'll be a great way to get family off my back for updates without inundating their mailboxes with information and photos.  ;)

I'll go into more detail about what has happened in the past two years and likely more on this hospital stay, but will save that for another time as it is late and I've got to rest before my next shift at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment