Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This is Halloween, This is Halloween...

The night before Halloween, we sat down to carve our pumpkin.  Lorelei chose the stencil this year and helped de-gut the pumpkin and pick out seeds.  We took a bit of time for sensory play for Ethan and he didn't seem to mind it very much.

The photos are not great quality but Ethan was playing with the pumpkin guts with us and ended his session with...of course, dumping the bowl out (last 3 pictures).  I baked the pumpkin seeds again this year and they were pretty yummy!

Halloween worked out pretty well this year.  I got into the spirit again for the kids and painted my face before heading to work.  I had bought a blue wig on discount and figured I could use it for a specific costume, but saw an image online that I thought was pretty neat and I tried to copy it instead. 

I'm not sure if you can make it out, but it is a fish drawn on one side of my face (with our lips shared), kelp down my neck and bubbles on the other side.

Once we got home from school I got Lorelei's make-up done and she had to wait to go out because Clayton was working so she helped hand out treats.  Lorelei went as a vampire this year.


We were able to get Ethan into a costume just for photos without him protesting.  Which was surprising since he was too big for the costume and the last couple times he wasn't so into it.

Then to end the night, we went outside to grab pictures of the three of us dressed up. 


Surprisingly, Clayton hasn't been much into dressing up for Halloween...I thought it would totally be something up his alley.  I guess we needed someone to take pictures for us.  But while we were waiting for Trick-or-Treaters to come by, he was a good sport and let me try my wig on him.


Lorelei's pumpkin from school and Clayton's masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment