Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Oh Wow...

...it's normal!"

"Pardon?
I'm sorry, what did you say? 
Can you repeat that again?
No, wait can you put that in writing?
We don't hear that often!...Especially when it come to him (Ethan)."

"I can imagine, and it's not often I get to see a normal ECG."

This was one of the conversations between myself and a resident while we were still in the PCCU.  I figure, since she didn't give it to me in writing I should put it on record somewhere. 


Ethan in his new hospital room.  You can see the handle of the loaner stroller the hospital physiotherapist has us using to get him into a slightly reclined sitting position.  It is a Kimba (a brand name for a Special Needs stroller).  Before this admission, we had trialed the larger Kimba at home.  Although his one arm is in an awkward position, it mostly looked like he was hanging out in an easy chair.


Ethan has gone through two IVs this admission.  I was just about to complete something for him on the Wednesday when he blew the first IV (check out the New Vocabulary page to learn more).  Thankfully, I got the second one made in time so he could wear it for a day or two before losing his IV again yesterday.  Usually every admission requiring IV we fuss and battle with the hospital pj tops to get them to somewhat cover him without being too restrictive and uncomfortable.  This time he went without a top for the first week or so...until....


I made him a new top...perhaps altered is a better word to describe it.  If you zoom in you can see my sewing skills aren't so great...but I put snaps along the one side of his shirt so it can accommodate the IV and still keep him mostly covered.  Okay, so when he's rolling around and playing it still doesn't give great coverage but you get the point...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment