Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cough, Cough, Whine/Groan

These are the sounds which are coming out of my poor little guy.  So far his results show that he has pneumonia in the lower lobe of his right lung.  He has been sick a couple times yesterday and today.  They have restarted his tube feeds with just Pedialyte and we hope he'll be able to tolerate that.  He is still working really hard to breathe but his oxygen saturation is great.  Our nurse was able to talk the Respiratory Therapist into keeping his oxygen at the same level for the day since he is still working so hard and his numbers drop if he does not have the oxygen mask on, so that should help him out some today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the poor kid. Once again, I am dreadfully behind on following all my blog kids so I didn't realize he was in the hospital again. I desperately wish I could find him a bubble for you! It's over a week since you posted this, so I am praying that means you are home again and everyone is doing well and perhaps you've even got him in a bubble of some kind to make sure that you guys have a germ-virus-infection-free summer which is what you deserve!!

    ReplyDelete