Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not Just Sick...

...but admitted again.  Ethan was admitted today because his vomiting and fevers have not improved, they actually got worse last night.  He is on oxygen again and is getting IV antibiotics.  He was having respiratory distress and they were not able to fully assess him so they removed his cast.  After 19 days it left a few pressure sores which will hopefully not recur next time.  It took a couple doctors from the Orthopedic Surgery team to get the cast off.  It was that thick.  Just out of curiosity we had them weigh the cast...it was a whopping 5 pounds!!  It is nice to see his chest//back again but I hope they are able to recast him again soon to make sure the scoliosis does not progress.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Loves, hope everyone had a good night. I am thinking of you,sending lots of energy and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that is NOT what I wanted to read :(
    I am searching for a bubble for your little cutie, this is so not fair.
    I hope that it is a short stay and he is back to his happy self soon at home.
    Hugs xoxo from me and Miss Sophie

    ReplyDelete