Monday, September 19, 2011

The Fair

This weekend we took Lorelei to the local fair while Ethan got to spend a few hours with his uncle Jon.  We started with the agricultural portion of it, it was pretty neat to see all the different animals.  Horses that are taller than Clayton (and that was just the body, not including the neck and head), many different types of chickens, goats, cows, horses, bunnies, the list goes on...

All the babies were pretty cool to see and be able to touch.  The momma goat started to bleat at Lorelei so we had her pull her hand out quickly.  The piglet's were softer than I expected and the chickens were fluffy soft.

We then headed into a building and watched a reptile show and checked out the reptiles after.  We learned that most people have no clue about local endangered species.  So I looked it up.  As of November 2010, there are now 631 endangered species at risk listed in our country.  They also taught us that birds are now classed as reptiles.


See that?  Lorelei had no fear and went up to touch the Reticulated Python and Alligator.  And drum roll please....I actually touched them too!  It took me three tries to touch the snake, but I did it and then touched it again.  It felt much different than I expected.  The alligator was so rough it wasn't like you were touching an animal at all.  Lorelei also touched a lizard later but I did not capture that one on film. 


The former is the only way I hope to ever see Lorelei in a police car!  Lorelei's favourite part came next...


She really enjoyed the rides.  Due to limited tickets, we sent her on the first ride alone.  I think I was more nervous than her.  I tracked her the whole time.  She is the little one two above the tent/ride that goes across the fair.  Eeny, meeny, miney, moe won Clayton the chance to go on the Ferris wheel.  We ended our visit with a colossal onion, funnel cake and fries (can anyone say too much grease?)...and Lorelei wanting to ride more.

Ethan still has his ear infection and his antibiotics have been extended.  His neurology appointment went really well, the neurologist is quite pleased with his progress.  He has a new switch to help give him a 'voice'...and he still has no daycare spot.  I guess it can't all be good news all the time.  I'll settle for most of the time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures from the fair! We didn't make it this year but I am glad to see Lorelei had fun!!
    I hope Ethan is feeling better soon, those darn ear infections can never take a hint go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fair! So awesome that she had a chance to enjoy it with you guys. My girls were also all over the reptiles. I could not touch a single one, so kudo's to you!!

    ReplyDelete