Monday, September 26, 2011

Only One More Sleep

Until we go to Ethan's second opinion.  We're heading there tomorrow morning.  I'm excited to finally have him looked at but am nervous about the trip (Ethan's never been in the car that long in one day) and what the surgeon might have to say about his back.

He saw his pediatrician today and she is quite happy with how he is doing.  He sounds so much better and although his ear is still a bit pink it does not require more antibiotics.  He did develop an odd new behaviour, he was shrieking in pain this week as he tensed up and strained..but nothing came.  Then it started to come, and the odour...and an update to his GI doc, dietitian and pediatrician.  We all thought constipation and have been treating that with more fibre...and to be on the safe side we have sent stool samples today to be sure there is no recurrence of the C difficile.

One of the developmental things Ethan is doing is to share.  Mainly his soother with one of us but he will also share with a toy if asked.  He is starting to motor forward more on his walker (getting a good video has been hard).  And he also loves to play with the fridge magnets.  The horse is his favourite one and he loves to hear what they have to say...


He always skips to his favourite part, "Did you know horses wear shoes, horse shoes!" and busts a gut giggling.  He thinks it is so funny that horses would wear shoes.  We think it is pretty neat that he gets the concept of a horse wearing shoes.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that video is soooo cute!!! I actually rewound it to see if he had a little laugh like I thought and then I saw your narrative below after :p That little chuckle is adorable!!!! Made my night :)

    Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you guys on your journey. I hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your second opinion!! I hope it went well.

    That video is cute! My mom has that toy and I never knew it even said that. Now I'm going to have to play with it! ;)

    ReplyDelete