Thursday, November 10, 2011

Belated Happy Halloween!

Although Halloween has come and gone, I thought I would share a few pictures of how we celebrated.  On the 30th, I realized we still had not picked up a pumpkin to carve...so off we went in search of one last minute.  We went to 3 different grocery stores before finally heading to a local farm.  Of course we paid a bit more, but I think Lorelei & Clayton made a great choice.


This year Lorelei wanted to help out a lot more and as you can see in the background (top right corner)...Ethan was busy playing on the floor with some of his toys.


We did have him join us for some sensory with the pumpkin seeds.  He reacted better than we anticipated.  We thought he would hate the feeling of the pumpkin guts, but he did not seem to mind them too much.  He of course was doing his best to pick them up from my hand and toss them elsewhere.  After Lorelei and I picked out all the seeds, I tried to see how he liked the feel of the raw seeds alone, but he was less willing to participate.


Lorelei just loved getting her hands dirty in the pumpkin guts...but did run to the bathroom a couple times in between to rinse her hands.



It was a lot of work to get all the seeds out, but we did it.  And I tried my hand at baking the seeds for the first time.  Add a little bit of oil, onion salt, garlic, sea salt and presto... 


They actually turned out pretty tasty.  :)

Another first this year, I dressed up and applied some face paint.  I often react to make up so just put on a little bit.  Not too bad for my first time.


I also had a neat cat tail that gave me a better perspective of what it must be like to tote one along with you all day.  The one time I sat on it, it was quite uncomfortable so I made sure to sweep it to the side each time.

Lorelei agreed to wear the same costume as last year, but I tried to spice it up a bit with face paint for her as well.  Right after school I got busy with the face paint before supper and had her ready to go trick-or-treating...and of course she ended up smudging up some of the make-up.  At least I was smart enough to take a picture when I finished applying it.


We did not coordinate things well enough this year to get Ethan dressed up in a costume and because of the rain we did not take him out.  He was somewhat dressed for the day though.


I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment