Monday, October 18, 2010

Ethan's First Field Trip

I had the great fortune to have the day off for Ethan's first daycare field trip.  Ethan and I met his class at the apple farm just as they were heading out to see the farm animals on site.  The animals belong to other local farmers but are on loan so that the children get to see them close up.  The sheep were more social than some of the other animals, and stayed at the fence for a long time.  It was pretty neat because they were close enough to know that Ethan could really see them.  In the same fenced area there was a noisy cow who I kept pointing out to him and a goat.  After seeing the farm animals, we got to tour their kitchen and headed out for some apple cider (I gave him a tiny bit on my finger, he did not seem too keen on it) and to play on their huge sand pile.  It was Ethan's first experience with sand and I was pleasantly surprised he did not have textural issues with it.  Although his posture leaves something to be desired, you can see him using his left hand to play in the sand.  He was also taking the sand out of my hand and letting it fall to the ground.  I picked the apples for Ethan, and we've been enjoying them at the house the past few days.  They have a wagon style train which brings you around the farm and they loaded Ethan onto the front wagon, stroller and all, so he could see everything.  He got a bit upset when it was our turn to disembark, as he prefers to be in motion.  He really enjoyed his day out.  And I really liked their efforts to make it enjoyable for everybody.  Definitely a place I would visit again with the family.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! It looks like he had a fabulous time. That's great that you were able to join him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that they were completely accomodating to him. Sounds like it went perfectly!

    ReplyDelete